System Bet Predictions, 08.05
- Man City v Arsenal: X @ 3.60
- Tottenham v Southampton: X @ 3.75
- Carpi v Lazio: X @ 3.40
- Sandhausen v Duisburg: 2 @ 2.10
- System Bet: Doubles (2/4)
Manchester City vs Arsenal key facts
- With Man United holding a game in hand, Manchester City probably have to win their final 2 games of the season to be sure of a top 4 finish.
- The hosts have it all to do, having yet to beat a top 6 side home or away this campaign, losing all 4 meetings against such opposition at the Etihad.
- City have played 11 European ties this year and followed each tie up with just 5 wins – a success rate of just 45%. And there is no doubt that Wednesday’s disappointment against Real Madrid in Spain will take a bit of a toll on Manuel Pellegrini’s side.
- Arsenal would guarantee 3rd with a win, but with the safety net of Aston Villa at home to come next week there isn’t as much on the line for them here.
- The Gunners are on an 8 game unbeaten run and have a decent record against Man City – winning 3 and drawing 2 of their last 5 clashes in all competitions.
- Tottenham (33) are the only side in the top flight with more goals on the road than Arsenal (32).
100% Euro Soccer Bonus!
Bet365‘s fantastic Euro Soccer accumulator offer gives you the chance to earn a bonus of up to 100% on accumulators on the top domestic leagues in Europe. T&C apply.
Tottenham vs Southampton key facts
- Tottenham have the best defence in the league, Harry Kane is the division’s top scorer and they’ve created the most chances in the competition – a massive 120 more than the champions Leicester.
- Spurs will definitely be missing the banned Mousa Dembele and Dele Alli.
- Southampton have won 10 of their last 16 games.
Carpi v Lazio key facts
- Before losing at Juventus last week, Carpi were on a roll – 4 wins and a draw in 7 games lifting them out of the relegation zone.
- If Carpi are fighting for top-flight survival, then Lazio are fighting for their manager. Several senior members of the Biancocelesti’s first team came out after the win over Inter last week to express the hope that Simone Inzaghi be allowed to stay on past the end of this season.