Rooney to beat his own EPL record?
Wayne Rooney is 50/1 to enjoy his most prolific season to date following his Champions League hat-trick, according to Ladbrokes.
The Man United hitman is yet to score in the Premier League this term but with his tally now open, he’s 2/1 to land a hat-trick at any point in the top flight this term, while it’s 100/1 he nets in all six group matches in the Champions League this year.
For those thinking it was just a flash in the pan, the bookies are offering 4/1 that Rooney fails to score in his next five league matches.
Ben Stones of Ladbrokes said: “Rooney certainly showed he can play the number nine role in Belgium. Anyone who thinks he can silence his doubters with a new record will cash in should his hot streak last all season.”
Wayne Rooney specials
- To score a hat-trick in the Premier League this season – 2/1
- Not to score in the next 5 Premier League matches – 4/1
- To beat his own record of 27 goals in a Premier League season – 50/1
- To record highest ever Premier League goals total (31) – 100/1
- To beat Ruud van Nistelrooy’s record for scoring in 10 consecutive EPL games – 100/1
- To score in all 6 Champions League Group Stage matches – 100/1