Acca Bet Predictions, 05.05
- Liverpool v Villarreal: 2 Q. @ 1.61
- Sevilla v Shakhtar: 2 +1.5 @ 1.48
* 2 Q. = Villarreal to qualify; 2 +1.5 Asian handicap = Shakhtar to win, draw or lose by 1 goal.
Liverpool vs Villarreal key facts
- Liverpool have to overturn a 1-0 deficit from the first leg. So an away goal changes the landscape in Villarreal’s favour and they have found the back of the net in all bar one of their previous 32 Europa League matches.
- The Yellow Submarine have scored in 11 of their 12 away European trips since the start of last season and they have not lost one by more than a one-goal margin.
- Having triumphantly defended first leg leads away at Napoli, Bayer Leverkusen and Sparta Prague, the Spanish guests are well accustomed to what’s required here.
- The visitors have W9-D3-L0 in their last 12 continental outings and in Cedric Bakambu, boast the competition’s 2nd-top goalscorer.
- Villarreal rested 10 players for Sunday’s 2-0 triumph at Valencia, a deserved result that guarantees Marcelinho’s men a top-4 finish in La Liga and Champions League football in 2016/17.
- There is talk that Daniel Sturridge could once again be omitted at Anfield.
Bore Draw Money Back Offer!
Place a pre-match bet on ANY of bet365‘ Correct Score, Half-Time/Full-Time or Scorecast markets for ANY Soccer match, and if the game finishes 0-0, they will refund your stake if the bet loses! T&C apply.
Sevilla vs Shakhtar Donetsk key facts
- Sevilla are in the box seat after drawing the first leg 2-2 in Lviv and a 0-0 or 1-1 draw would be enough for the Andalusians to reach the final.
- Los Rojiblancos have suddenly hit a rough patch on home soil – they only came through their UEL 1/4-final on penalties after losing the 2nd leg 2-1 at home to Athletic Bilbao, and in La Liga they have won just one of their last 3 home games.
- In all competitions Sevilla have won just one of their last 7 games (home & away), and they have recorded just one clean sheet in their last 10.
- Shakhtar found a Champions League group featuring Real Madrid and PSG too hot to handle, but they have looked strong so far in the Europa League.
- The Ukrainian giants have won all 3 of their road matches in the knockout phase – Schalke, Anderlecht and Braga were all overpowered so far.
- Shaktar defeated the Ukrainian league leaders Dinomo Kiev 3-0 at the weekend with Donetsk only played with 3 of their regulars in that game.